Monday, February 16, 2009

Ernie's Update and Address

This is a duplicate post by Ernie's daughter Becky Jamison from her personal blog "Gramma's House".

I want to thank the many friends who've asked about my Dad, Ernie Margheim, as he's entered the hospital in preparation of arterial bypass surgery on his lower right leg. Thank you for your prayers, comments, good wishes, concern and interest. I'll print the comments and any emails and take them to him as I visit him. He was in very good spirits today and is still optimistic for a good recovery. During his afternoon visit, the doctor said the surgery will probably be scheduled for the end of this week. Both a cardiologist and an orthopedic surgeon will check him out first. Dad sure wishes he had a computer available to help pass the time. He said he doesn't have a long enough attention span to watch TV. But time flies when he gets on the computer. The hospital is an hour from my house so I'll be back over to see him Wed evening, then probably daily after that. My son lives in Pueblo and is having tests done at the same hospital tomorrow, so he'll stop in to see his Grandpa Tuesday morning.

Since he's in Pueblo, but lives in Canon City, CO he'll have very few visitors, and I know he'd appreciate hearing from friends. If anyone wants to send him a card, here's his address (updated March 4, 2009):

Ernest Margheim
Parkview Medical Center
3 North, Room 24
400 W. 16th St.
Pueblo, CO 81003
719-584-4239

I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for caring about Ernie. You've all given him great joy these recent months!

4 comments:

GrannyPam said...

Thanks, Becky. I sent just addressed a card, will mail it today.

Miriam said...

I'm picking up a card tomorrow and will be mailing it to him soon!

Amy (We Tree) said...

Ernie, get well soon! You are much loved and missed in blog land! Praying for a speedy recovery. :)

kona said...

Get well soon Ernie!! Keep that positive attitude & you will be back home at your computer before you know it. Praying for wisdom for your doctors & quick recovery for you.